This coming weekend the concluding episodes of the Korean Drama, A Bona Fide Killer; Korean 유부녀 킬러 literally Married-Woman Hunter) mydramalist.com/794790-married-woman-killer will air.
During one of the earier episodes the actor who plays the lead role; Yu Bo-na, performs a song during a karaoke session that was used in the Korean Drama, My Mister (performed then by Ko Woo-rim), but this much more recent version is the one I found on YT when searching the song.
I can't speak to the My Mister version, but this version www.youtube.com/watch performed by a Korean trio, Infinity of Sound is excellent so I'm including the link to that here.
Once I have had time to process the drama I may post about it; along with other Korean dramas that have truly captured my imagination, as well as movies and short films.
The song 'A Million Roses' is originally a Latvian song (Dãvãja Mãrina) composed by Raimonds Pauls with lyrics by Leons Briedis. It was performed in 1981 by Aija Kukule and Liga Kreicberga. It was made famous in Korea by legendary trot singer Shim Soo-bong, and also served as core inspiration and thematic musical piece of the 2003 KBS series with the same title.
Below are the Lyrics, both in Korean and English.
심수봉 – 백만송이 장미
A Million Roses
(Lyrics Translation)
먼 옛날 어느 별에서
내가 세상에 나올 때
사랑을 주고 오라는
작은 음성 하나 들었지
사랑을 할 때만 피는 꽃
백만 송이 피어오라는
진실한 사랑을 할 때만
피어나는 사랑의 장미
Chorus:
미워하는 미워하는 미워하는 마음없이
아낌없이 아낌없이 사랑을 주기만 할 때
수백만송이 백만송이 백만송이 꽃은 피고
그립고 아름다운 내 별 나라로
갈 수 있다네
진실한 사랑은 뭔가
괴로운 눈물 흘렸네
냉정한 사람 많았던
너무나 슬픈 세상이었기에
수 많은 세월 흐른 뒤
자기의 생명까지 모두 다 준
빛처럼 홀연히 나타난
그런 사랑 나를 안았네
(Chorus)
이젠 모두가 떠날지라도
그러나 사랑은 계속될거야
저 별에서 나를 찾아온
그토록 기다리던 이인데
그대와 나 함께라면
더욱 더 많은 꽃을 피우고
하나가 되어 우리는
영원한 저 별로 돌아가리라
(Chorus x3)
ENGLISH
A long time ago,
from some star where I was born
To give love, and then return,
I heard a small voice telling me
The flower that only blooms when someone loves
To make a million of them bloom
It only happens when you love a true love
The rose of love blooms
Chorus:
Without hate in my heart
When I give love without holding back
A million flowers will bloom
And to my home in the star, which is beautiful and which I long for
I can return
(Repeat Chorus)
What is true love?
I shed tears of suffering
There were so many cold people
It was such a sad world
After many years have passed
Someone who gave his/her whole life
Appeared suddenly like a light
And that love embraced me
(Chorus)
Even if everyone leaves now
The love will continue
That person from the star who came to find me
I was waiting for him/her for so long
As long as we are together
Even more flowers will bloom
And we will become one
And we will return to the star, which is forever
(Chorus x3)
Actually looking forward to trying to write a piece about this series; others may follow for other kdramas if I can manage that; have been scenes in A Bona Fide Killer that have touched me deeply and I want to explore that.
This is an image of Yu Bo-na from episode 8.

May the Goddess watch over you,
kerk hiraeth